Practice + Practice + Practice
"Wilson Butler made it a viable, functional and attractive rehearsal and performing space for us. Thanks again for your input, care and attention to detail AND listening to us and our needs."
Todd Graber, Chairperson, Music Department
Formally the main mechanical room of Tyler Hall and as part of a phase renovation, WBA was tasked with providing a design solution that offered not only a space conducive to choral rehearsal in a comfortable surrounding, but also a space that acoustically supports the instructional mission of the choral instructors.
Scroll to view photos | Click photo to view larger
Project highlights included:
• Widespread usage and selective locating of acoustical treatments including absorptive, diffusive, and reflective components.
• Variable acoustics achieved through the use of heavy-weight, back wall drapery panels.
• Extensive acoustical isolation techniques.
• Creative relocation and rerouting of mechanical systems to eliminate disruptive noise.
• The rehearsal room is fitted with technology for instruction, and also accommodates in-room recording/playback and links to remote recording facilities.
More Academic Projects