Working at Wilson Butler Architects, like our design, is all about the experience. We do things differently here. It is experienced in the transparency, the responsibility, and ownership of product employees are given on day one. When you work at Wilson Butler Architects, you know from the start that your involvement is integral to every aspect of the firm’s success.
We encourage our staff to develop their skills and offer meaningful contributions to the firm. Our size allows for each team member to try their hand at every facet of the design process. However, this is a product of more than our size. It emanates from the attitude and culture of our Directors, Principals and Associates. Our leadership actively engages the staff throughout the design process. We encourage our employees, when their skills and ambition dictate, to lead client meetings, work on a marketing initiative, and open new project sectors. Your ideas and voice will be heard.
We are always looking for talented individuals whose passion for “doing it differently,” is the same as ours. So, if you do not see a relevant job posting below, feel free to send us an email with your resume and portfolio attachment to:
Similar to Architects, Interiors Designers at Wilson Butler Architects are global thinkers with the skillset to thoroughly work out the details behind their ideas. They possess the ability to establish an overall design vision for a project, successfully translate it for clients and see it through to completion; the ability to visualize 3D spaces, and to understand scale and proportion. It is essential that Interior Designers have an understanding of how things are built (millwork/casework, stairs, railings, etc). Interior Designers are a resource of knowledge on materials, products and furniture for every design team at the firm. This is a highly collaborative role that requires excellent organization with a skill for prioritizing demands for more than one project at a time, while completing work with consistent accuracy.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Planning and designing interior environments
– Researching images, precedents and inspiration, and developing design concepts
– Creating or assisting with a global vision or concept for a client
– Producing, and at times presenting, presentation boards and slide deck presentations for the client or other members of the design team
– Maintaining positive and strong client relationships
– Product research, including contacting representatives for information and samples
– Selecting finishes, materials, furniture, and some lighting and equipment
– Assisting with construction documents including preparing elevations, sections and construction details, as well as adding finish annotations and construction notes
– Developing and entering data into finish and furniture legends and schedules
– Rendering of elevations and plans, including furniture & floor finish layouts
– Helping maintain Interior materials library
The ideal applicant has the following attributes:
– A professional degree in Interior Design or related field
– 4‐8 years of professional experience in the fields of commercial and/or hospitality design
– Strong verbal and written communications skills
– Scrupulous attention to detail
– Revit experience and skills are paramount
– Adobe Creative Suite experience is extremely important, especially using Illustrator, InDesign
– AutoCAD skills are also preferred
– Proficiency in 3Ds Max, Rhino, V‐Ray, SketchUp, and other rendering software is a plus
– Ability to balance the needs of 2 to 3 projects at a time
– Experience working with consultants, contractors and clients a plus
We want to see you grow and succeed!
We encourage our staff to develop their skills and offer meaningful contributions to the firm. Our size allows for each team member to try their hand at every aspect of the design process. However, this is a product of more than our size, it emanates from the attitude and culture of our Directors and Principals. Our leadership actively engages the staff in all aspects of the design process as well as the business. We encourage our employees, when their skills and ambition dictate, to lead client meetings, assisting with business development needs and open new project sectors. Your ideas and voice will be heard.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer many benefits including health, dental, and a competitive 401k plan, bonus opportunities, professional development and licensure support, holiday,
vacation, and sick time. Wilson Butler Architects Inc. is an equal‐opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. EOE M/F/H/V.