Working at Wilson Butler Architects, like our design, is all about the experience. We do things differently here. It is experienced in the transparency, the responsibility, and ownership of product employees are given on day one. When you work at Wilson Butler Architects, you know from the start that your involvement is integral to every aspect of the firm’s success.
We encourage our staff to develop their skills and offer meaningful contributions to the firm. Our size allows for each team member to try their hand at every facet of the design process. However, this is a product of more than our size. It emanates from the attitude and culture of our Directors, Principals and Associates. Our leadership actively engages the staff throughout the design process. We encourage our employees, when their skills and ambition dictate, to lead client meetings, work on a marketing initiative, and open new project sectors. Your ideas and voice will be heard.
We are always looking for talented individuals whose passion for “doing it differently,” is the same as ours. So, if you do not see a relevant job posting below, feel free to send us an email with your resume and portfolio attachment to:
Similar to Architects, Interiors Designers at Wilson Butler Architects are global thinkers with the skillset to thoroughly work out the details behind their ideas. They possess the ability to establish an overall design vision for a project, successfully translate it for clients and see it through to completion. It is essential that they have an ability to visualize 3 dimensional space, understand scale, proportion and how things are built (millwork/casework, stairs, railings, etc.). Our Interior Designers are a resource of knowledge on materials, products and furniture for every design team at the firm.
This is a highly collaborative role that requires excellent organization with a skill for prioritizing demands for more than one project at a time, while completing work with consistent accuracy.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Manages interior design portion of projects of all sizes and levels of complexity.
– Provides project team leadership and is a resource to all members of the design team.
– Responsible for leading conceptual and schematic design work for the interior design on projects.
– Oversees the design of projects in the design development, construction document, and construction supervision phases.
– Leads space planning and design and detailing efforts of interior architectural features such as counters, bars, millwork, wall panels, ornamental stairs and ceilings.
– Participates in, and sometimes leads, client workshops and presents design concepts and solutions to client.
– Participates in business development efforts and potential project interviews.
– Ability to effectively use standard industry design and production software programs (Revit, Autocad, Rhino, SketchUp or similar).
The ideal applicant has the following attributes:
– A professional degree in Interior Design or related field
– 8-12 years of professional experience in the fields of commercial and/or hospitality design.
– Strong verbal and written communications skills.
– Scrupulous attention to detail.
– Revit experience and skills are paramount.
– Adobe Creative Suite experience is extremely important, especially using Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop, AutoCAD skills are also preferred.
– Proficiency in 3Ds Max, Rhino, V-Ray, SketchUp, and other rendering software is a plus.
– Ability to balance the needs of 2 to 3 projects at a time.
– Experience working with consultants, contractors and clients a plus.
We want to see you grow and succeed!
We encourage our staff to develop their skills and offer meaningful contributions to the firm. Our size allows for each team member to try their hand at every aspect of the design process. However, this is a product of more than our size, it emanates from the attitude and culture of our Directors and Principals. Our leadership actively engages the staff in all aspects of the design process as well as the business. We encourage our employees, when their skills and ambition dictate, to lead client meetings, assisting with business development needs and open new project sectors. Your ideas and voice will be heard.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer many benefits including health, dental, and a competitive 401k plan, bonus opportunities, professional development and licensure support, holiday, vacation, and sick time. Wilson Butler Architects Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. EOE M/F/H/V.